Monday, February 16, 2009

Memory Lane Monday

This is Johnny


Johnny (along with his brother, Frankie, who later passed away) joined our family shortly after Richard and I were married. You could say that he was our first "baby."

During my long days of bedrest, Johnny was my constant companion.


Around the 30 week mark, I hit a wall. Hit it hard. I was in constant pain and miserably uncomfortable, but I was determined to carry my precious cargo as long as I possibly could. One night, as I lay in bed, hot, itchy, uncomfortable and, once again, unable to sleep, I reached my breaking point. I could feel the sobs welling up inside of me and, not wanting to wake or worry Richard, I hefted my enormous body out of bed and waddled down the hall to the bathroom. Once the door was shut, the floodgates opened and I was unable to contain my misery any longer. Silent sobs wracked my body as I pleaded with God for mercy and strength. As I sat, sobbing and pleading, something flew under the bathroom door. It was a dead mole. . . followed by a frantic orange paw, searching for it's prey.


It was more than I could take. . . .I burst into fits of hysterical laughter. And as I sat there, laughing and sobbing, I peed my pants (not hard to do when you are 30 weeks pregnant with triplets). It was in that moment that I recognized and appreciated that God truly does have a sense of humor and knows exactly what we need when we need it. For me, it was a dead mole and a crazed cat, reminding me that, even in the most miserable of times, laughter truly can be the best medicine!

7 comments:

Kim said...

That is truly hilarious. Normally I don't care for pictures of deal moles ; ) but that photo made me laugh! The first pic looks like me yesterday taking my Sunday afternoon nap.

Charity Brown said...

Hahahahahahahahaha! That is the funniest thing I have read in a long time!

Mamapierce said...

This is just what I needed to read today. Thanks.

Arizona mom to eight said...

I could picture everything so clearly, we moms shed many tears in the bathroom, don't we. Your loving cat gave you such a tremendous gift, and laughter through tears is also an incredible gift from HF!

smctiver said...

Hi Valerie,

That is WAY too funny!!!

...also...good to know that you keep a camera at the ready in the bathroom!

Kathey said...

It's incredible that you were able to get that picture. What a memory! Thank goodness for laughter. You ought to send that in to Random Sampler in the Ensign.

marko said...

In the event that you have satisfied the above criteria, it is simple for you to profit these advances. With the help of such kind of money arrangement, you will be skilled to get fast entirety of cash for up to $1500 bucks. In this money bolster, you ought to reimburse advance inside of 2 to 4 weeks. In this way, it is adaptable for you to pay back credit on the following payday. usapaydayloanstore.com/chicago