Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A Naptime Project

Believe me when I tell you that I count my lucky stars that my children still nap (well, most of them do. . .for Maren, it is more like quiet time, but she stays in her bed and plays quietly with her dolls, occasionally drifting off to sleep, and of course, Evan is at school). I'd be lying if I told you I didn't need (and welcome) the break each day. Most days I allow myself to dabble in dreamland as well (sure there are dishes to be done, laundry to be washed and toys to be picked up, but I have every confidence that they will still be there when I wake), but every now and then I welcome the chance to tackle the many projects that sit, awaiting my attention. Yesterday was one of those days.

From the moment I laid eyes on this barn star project, I began daydreaming of all that I could do with it. You may recall that I made these magnificent stars for several members of our family for Christmas. I loved them so much that I decided I must have one of my own. I have had the stars and the supplies for months, but just could not find the energy or motivation to complete them. My vision was to create one large star featuring Richard and I (where it all began) and to make individual stars to represent each of our children. The results are in. . . . . and I LOVE it!










6 comments:

Stacey Kirchner said...

OOHHHH and you even have them hanging on your wall! Very impressive. I love the big star of you and Richard in the middle, with the smaller stars around it. Nice...

Shelley said...

That is so cute!

Charity Brown said...

THAT IS SO GREAT!!!! You're so creative!

Brooks said...

I love it!

Mamapierce said...

So cute! Where do you find the time, girl?!?! You are an AMAZING mom!

marko said...

With the headway of world, sky is the breaking point for an awful credit borrower. He can at present apply for automobile credits to fulfill his fantasy of purchasing an auto. On the off chance that you are in this circumstance, auto financing terrible credit car advances will permit you to get the best advances for purchasing an auto. auto title loans near for me